Congratulations to the following learners that was selected to head the RCL in 2021. Congratulations to all of them.
HS Elspark recently hosted their honours evening where the top achievers for grade 8 to 11 in 2020 were celebrated.
The new leaders for 2021 was announced as well.
See the video for more details
Although a bit late our school celebrated valentine day in splendid red and white.
Our learners and teachers looked stunning in their outfits.
Thank you for the culture committee for organising the day
On 4 February, our new grade eight learners start their career in our school.
They receive their stationery and textbooks.
The grade twelve’s SRC donated two huge portraits to the school for use in the hall.
Congratulations to the new SRC for 2021.
Agricultural Technology offers the learners the opportunity to apply the technological process to design and make practical projects, operate, repair and maintain equipment, design and construct structures in the agricultural environment.
The following generic concepts are embedded in Agricultural Technology:
• identifying and solving problems using the technological process and relevant scientific principles;
• safety rules and regulations applicable within the agricultural environment, according to the Occupational, Health and Safety (OHS) Act, 1993 (Act 85 of 1993), first aid and medical emergencies including HIV and AiDS awareness;
• basic operational knowledge and correct use of agricultural tools, equipment and machinery used in production and processing of food and fibre;
• effective communication techniques such as verbal, written and visual communication; • effective use of computer technology, measuring and surveying equipment related to agriculture;
• construction, erecting and maintenance of agricultural buildings and structures;• maintenance and repair of farm implements and machinery;• energy principles and their application in agriculture;
• planning, construction and maintenance of animal handling facilities necessary for effective animal production;
• safe and effective use of agricultural equipment used in crop production, horticulture, orchards, vineyards, fodder crops and forestry;
• planning, designing and maintenance of macro and micro irrigation and hydroponics systems; and
• calibrations and calculations in the agricultural environment.The following processes must be embedded in Agricultural Technology:
• Learn to solve problems in methodical, scientific and in creative ways in the agricultural environment;
• Learn by dealing directly with inclusivity, human rights, social and environmental issues in their theoretical and practical tasks;
• Use and engage with subject related knowledge in a purposeful way;
• Use a variety of life skills when working on projects in an authentic context (for example decision making, critical thinking, co-operation and needs identification); and
• develop more positive attitudes and perceptions towards career pathways.
Welcome to the website.
The school is an English medium school with a Christian foundation.
The success of a child’s school experience at Elspark High School is firstly determined by what is taking place in the classroom and workshop. We are therefore focused on creating and maintaining a healthy teaching and learning climate. The school is very privileged to serve with well-equipped technical centres and experienced teachers the interests of our learners.
Look through this website and tell yourself of what Elspark High School can offer you and your child in collaboration with his partners. Our school is an excellent package that creates at school leavers a rosy future expectation with a view to tertiary study, qualified craftsmanship or the world of work.
Elspark High School, together with their high academic standards, also has a rich sports and culture tradition that produces numerous highlights annually. The variety of fields of study, sports and cultural activities aim to create opportunities for all our learners.